"Multi Domain Digital SSL Certificates - Zero domain name mismatch errors presented to consumers"
Multi-Domain SSL Certificate were introduced to the market in July 2005 and have since gained huge popularity with Enterprises combining all their secure domains into a single certificate for example. secure.mydomain.com www.mydomain.com www.mydomain.co.uk Web host providers offering shared hosting can, through the use of a Multi Domain SSL Certificate, combine all their shared hosting customers onto a single platform and still offer those customers the ability to offer secure services over SSL.
Diagram explaining shared hosting and MDC certs and the error you would get for a mis match
"MDC SSL Certificate Benefits for Web Host providers"
- * Unleash the power of SSL related services to your shared hosting customers.
- * No more name mismatch errors - just 100% pure 128 / 256 bit encryption!
- * Extract higher revenues from your existing Shared Hosting customers
- * Create immediate up-sell opportunities for new customers
- * Standardize SSL related security and trust services across your whole hosting portfolio.
- * Provide a clear migration path from SSL Shared Hosting to Dedicated Hosting.
"MDC SSL Certificate Benefits for Enterprise customers"
- Combine all your secure domains on to a single IP on a single server - Simple management.
- Avoid savvy consumers receiving unnecessary browser warnings through typing https://mydomain.com directly into their browser rather than https://www.mydomain.com
- Combine all your secure international web sites on to one single IP. mydomain.co.uk mydomain.de mydomain.es